About the India Center
Our vision is to establish the India Center at UCF as the nation’s preeminent location for the study of India’s role in the world today: a national leader in the formation of U.S.-India partnerships, scholarship and research focused on India, India-centered educational programs, and outreach to the Indian community in Florida and nationally.
The India Center:
- Develops India-U.S. partnerships among universities, companies, governmental, cultural and other organizations to address issues and opportunities important to both India and the U.S. in areas ranging across technology, politics, security, medicine, and more
- Sponsors scholarship, research, and curriculum development related to India
- Provides fellowships for UCF students interested in India
- Promotes exchanges of scholars and students with institutions of higher education in India
- Partners with organizations in the Orlando community
- Provides symposia and cultural events of interest to the regional Indian-American community and to UCF students, including the UCF Indian Student Association, and faculty interested in India and its role in the world today
If you are interested in becoming a partner – either to help shape the Center’s activities or to assist with financial support – please contact Dr. Michael Johnson, Dean of UCF’s College of Sciences and Interim Director of the India Center (Michael.Johnson@ucf.edu).
In the News
Veteran Policymaker To Discuss Growing U.S.-India Relationship
Former Deputy Secretary of State Manpreet Singh Anand will visit the University of Central Florida as a guest of the India Center. Singh will participate…
India Center Visits Smart City Champions
A UCF delegation led by Michael Johnson, Ph.D., dean of the College of Sciences, and interim director of the India Center, recently completed an…