About the India Center
Our vision is to establish the India Center at UCF as the nation’s preeminent location for the study of India’s role in the world today: a national leader in the formation of U.S.-India partnerships, scholarship and research focused on India, India-centered educational programs, and outreach to the Indian community in Florida and nationally.
The India Center:
- Develops India-U.S. partnerships among universities, companies, governmental, cultural and other organizations to address issues and opportunities important to both India and the U.S. in areas ranging across technology, politics, security, medicine, and more
- Sponsors scholarship, research, and curriculum development related to India
- Provides fellowships for UCF students interested in India
- Promotes exchanges of scholars and students with institutions of higher education in India
- Partners with organizations in the Orlando community
- Provides symposia and cultural events of interest to the regional Indian-American community and to UCF students, including the UCF Indian Student Association, and faculty interested in India and its role in the world today
This vision, and the continued development of the India Center, requires partnerships with groups and individuals interested in shaping and supporting the Center’s future direction. We have begun a campaign to raise the endowed funds needed to establish a preeminent center, and have identified matching funds from within the university. Early supporters have already committed substantial funds.
If you are interested in becoming a partner – either to help shape the Center’s activities or to assist with financial support – please contact Dr. Kerstin Hamann, Interim Director of the India Center (Kerstin.Hamann@ucf.edu).
By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: UCF College of Sciences, 12716 Pegasus Drive, Orlando, FL, 32816. You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the TrueRemove® link, found at the bottom of every email.
In the News
International Booker Prize Winner hosted for Virtual Discussion
The India Center hosted Tomb of Sand author Geetanjali Shree, Ph.D., and translator Daisy Rockwell, Ph.D., winners of the 2022 International Booker Prize in a…
The India Center Celebrates International Education Week
By ARIANNA LESTRADE On Tuesday, Nov. 15, 2022, the UCF India Center and the Burnett Honors College hosted “A Showcase of India’s Art and Culture.” …