About the India Center
Our vision is to establish the India Center at UCF as the nation’s preeminent location for the study of India’s role in the world today: a national leader in the formation of U.S.-India partnerships, scholarship and research focused on India, India-centered educational programs, and outreach to the Indian community in Florida and nationally.
The India Center:
- Develops India-U.S. partnerships among universities, companies, governmental, cultural and other organizations to address issues and opportunities important to both India and the U.S. in areas ranging across technology, politics, security, medicine, and more
- Sponsors scholarship, research, and curriculum development related to India
- Provides fellowships for UCF students interested in India
- Promotes exchanges of scholars and students with institutions of higher education in India
- Partners with organizations in the Orlando community
- Provides symposia and cultural events of interest to the regional Indian-American community and to UCF students, including the UCF Indian Student Association, and faculty interested in India and its role in the world today
If you are interested in becoming a partner – either to help shape the Center’s activities or to assist with financial support – please contact Dr. Kerstin Hamann, Director of UCF’s School of Politics, Security, and International Affairs and Interim Director of the India Center (Kerstin.Hamann@ucf.edu).
In the News
India Center names senior as Fall 2019 India Fellow
Senior Monica Foster is the Fall 2019 India Fellow for the Office of Global Perspectives and International Initiatives (GPII), in cooperation with the India Center.…
Film Screening Launches Diversity Studies Track
The UCF India Center, in conjunction with the Interdisciplinary Studies Program (Diversity Studies), the College of Undergraduate Studies and the Asian Cultural Association (ACA), was…