About the India Center
Our vision is to establish the India Center at UCF as the nation’s preeminent location for the study of India’s role in the world today: a national leader in the formation of U.S.-India partnerships, scholarship and research focused on India, India-centered educational programs, and outreach to the Indian community in Florida and nationally.
The India Center:
- Develops India-U.S. partnerships among universities, companies, governmental, cultural and other organizations to address issues and opportunities important to both India and the U.S. in areas ranging across technology, politics, security, medicine, and more
- Sponsors scholarship, research, and curriculum development related to India
- Provides fellowships for UCF students interested in India
- Promotes exchanges of scholars and students with institutions of higher education in India
- Partners with organizations in the Orlando community
- Provides symposia and cultural events of interest to the regional Indian-American community and to UCF students, including the UCF Indian Student Association, and faculty interested in India and its role in the world today
If you are interested in becoming a partner – either to help shape the Center’s activities or to assist with financial support – please contact Dr. Michael Johnson, Dean of UCF’s College of Sciences and Interim Director of the India Center (Michael.Johnson@ucf.edu).
In the News
Guest Speaker Explains India’s Election Year Political Climate
The 2019 Indian elections, which will be the largest exercise in democracy in world history, look increasingly competitive. While the incumbent, Prime Minister Narendra Modi,…
Global Perspective’s John Bersia Pushed for International Awareness
BY GENE KRUCKEMYER ’73 John C. Bersia ’77, director of UCF’s Global Perspectives Office, a professor of international issues, and a Pulitzer Prize recipient while…